Course of GP Rating
The duration of the Pre-Sea Training Course For General Purpose Ratings is 6 months. The course is fully residential as per the Directorate General of Shipping norms, requiring all the trainees to reside in-house. The course will cover all aspects of the sea-faring profession (Deck and Engine), which also include swimming, physical drills, workshop training, rope and mast climbing, life saving, fire fighting exercises and ship visits etc. Pre Sea Training for Ratings will also include the, following basic STCW 2010 courses
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST).
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR).
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF).
- Elementary First Aid (EFA).
- Security Training For Sea-farers With Designated Security Duties(STSDSD).